January 09, 2005

Server Crash

It looks like B.D. has been inaccessible since at least Saturday P.M. The server appears to have suffered some kind of crash. I've E-mailed my software design guy but, given that it's the weekend, don't know when the site will get some attention and get back up. Meanwhile, I'm not sure anyone will see this message either but here goes...

P.S. It appears some comments have been deleted. For the record, I haven't deleted anything. They appear to have been lost when the server went down.

Posted by Gregory at January 9, 2005 04:33 PM
Comments

B.D. was indeed down since Saturday, IIRC. All is well now (obviously).

I must say that some people are eagerly awaiting your take re: death squads and Stratfor gloomy analysis on Iraq (see Sullivan).

Posted by: Emmanuel at January 10, 2005 04:48 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Greg, given your almost singular (among conservatives) commendable condemnation of prisoner abuse/torture, I am genuinely interested in your take on the administration's proposal to Nicaraguaize Iraq - the "El Salvador Option" as it is apparently quaintly called amongst the in crowd. The plan is to send death squads to assassinate not only insurgents, but also political opponents and civilians that may have offered some support (or lived on the same block or whatever).

See the link below.

I am also interested in your thoughts regarding this: Isn't this all at least a tacit or de facto admission that we did indeed organize and participate in death squads in central America in the 1980's (I know all about it, but conservatives tend to chalk up such stories as more tin foil hat conspiracy nuttery)?

Kind of explains Negro Ponte's presence in Iraq too, huh?

And to think, some "tin foil hat" folks said Negro Ponte's presence was a harbinger of death squads.

Those crazy lefties!

Posted by: avedis at January 10, 2005 04:52 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

You sure you didn't just forget to uncheck the MT "Create Blank Pages" option? Glad you're back...

Posted by: TG at January 10, 2005 04:52 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

MT is no good. I recommend WordPress.

Posted by: praktike at January 11, 2005 12:55 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

They both have strengths and weaknesses. But Greg already said it was due to lack of diskspace, so that's not really MT's fault.

"Tastes great!"

"Less Filling!"

Do people still recognize those lines? I'd guess non-Americans never have... (and let's not veer into a beer argument)

Posted by: TG at January 11, 2005 04:29 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

I missed the site, but it's always nice to know problem was somebody else's -- rather than yet more mischief by my sucky computer.

Posted by: George at January 11, 2005 04:29 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink