February 10, 2005

In-House News

Just a brief reminder for anyone who missed my earlier note that I am on something of a brief blog hiatus due to professional demands and personal reasons. Regular blogging should resume around February 22nd or thereabouts. In the meantime, don't miss this article on Condi's Paris trip, her Paris speech (including the Q&A), this article on Saudi elections, this Foreign Affairs piece on North Korea (particularly given recent developments there), and this piece detailing how the U.S. is now the largest donor among all countries re: the tsunami disaster (I believe that's the case without even taking into account in kind contributions).

P.S. I've also gotten some complaints that comments need to be pre-approved on this site. For the record, I wasn't aware of anything of the sort. That said, I've looked into it and see that my blog support person has installed some anti-spam devices that include varied mechanisms to block obscene comments and spam attacks. Unfortunately, it appears, a very small percentage of 'normal' comments sometimes get erroneously blocked too. I'll have to look into this more and find a solution when I have time but please note virtually all who wish to post should be able to whenever they wish without any pre-approvals on this end (though, as always, I reserve the right to delete anything I think is obscene, offensive etc). Anyway, let me know if you are having problems so I can work this issue (you can also send E-mail if you are having problems with the comment feature to belgraviadispatch@hotmail.com). O.K., that's it for now.

Posted by Gregory at February 10, 2005 01:12 PM | TrackBack (6)
Comments

In light of N. Korea's latest pronouncement, the FA article looks pretty foolish, wouldn't you say?

Posted by: joe at February 10, 2005 04:19 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Did North Korea Cheat?
Selig S. Harrison
From Foreign Affairs, January/February 2005
I would like to hear his take now that NK announced that they have Nuclear weapons

Posted by: Luc at February 10, 2005 06:22 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Have a good break from blogging but come back soon. I though you might be interested a new resource site on Ward Churchill

A site found at http://www.pirateballerina.com/index.php
has organized and indexed by topic:

1. all the pdf files from the American Indian Movement Documents on Churchill
2. the pdf fils of academic research demonstrating academic fraud found in his research
3. very old interviews with Churchill over his battle with AIM, his claim to Indian ancestry, his road to tenure and so forth.

It's set up for easy access

Most of it cannot be found through a google search but was accumulated by a combined research effort. Anyone wishing to use the documents for further research on Mr. Churchill may help themselves.

Posted by: Mirramele at February 10, 2005 10:10 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

selig harrison's F.A piece still has legs if NoKo is just bluffling and the latest noises from there are just bluster.

Posted by: anon at February 11, 2005 03:21 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Greg you slacker.

Posted by: Eric Martin at February 14, 2005 06:12 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink