April 08, 2005

Guest Blogger

As mentioned, we are going to hand over the keys to B.D. to a guest-blogger. And, in what may be a blogospheric first (who knows?), it's to a regular commenter on this very site. Zathras, aka Joseph Britt, will be taking up the reins at B.D. for a week or two. He'll start up tomorrow, so be sure to check in. I first noticed Joe's comments over at Dan Drezner's place--and they always struck me as well written, intellectually honest, and highly intelligent. At some point, Joe started commenting over here at B.D.--and so I got to read his comments more routinely. Now, I guess, I'll get to read his posts over in this space for a spell. Best of luck Zathras! Enjoy...and thanks for helping me feel less guilty about the blog burn-out by keeping this site 'fresh' over the next weeks. Bye for now.

Posted by Gregory at April 8, 2005 02:58 PM | TrackBack (55)
Comments

brilliant.

Posted by: praktike at April 8, 2005 04:01 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Excellent choice, Greg!

Posted by: Guy at April 8, 2005 06:28 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

"No one listen to Zathras. Quite mad they say. It's a good thing that Zathras does not mind, he's even grown to like it. Oh yes."

"Even ZATHRAS does not listen to Zathras..."

Kidding - we B5ers love Zathras.

Posted by: J. at April 8, 2005 03:09 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

I concur. Fine choice. Short of myself, there was none better (I joke, I joke).

Posted by: Eric Martin at April 8, 2005 03:17 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Good choice. I am very curious what a Zathras blog will look like.

Posted by: Appalled Moderate at April 8, 2005 03:29 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Yay for Zathras!

Posted by: Anderson at April 8, 2005 04:43 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

I've enjoyed your blog over the past year or so and wish that you had the energy and time to continue it at the same pace, but I understand your situation.

The problem is, of course, that it is hard to back down--as Andrew Sullivan's blog attests--so I think a fruitful compromise between your loyal readers and your time would be to schedule a periodic comment, say, once a week that we could turn to when we seek a thoughtful perspective on the issues.

Posted by: Linc Wolverton at April 8, 2005 05:09 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Greg:
It's called a well-earned rest. Even the best take time away to recharge, refocus and reflect. Besides, it's time for someone else to "twist our prisms!"
Look forward to hearing from you in the future. In the interim, we'll keep pushing ahead!

Posted by: tom goldspink at April 11, 2005 04:04 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

w00t!

Posted by: fling93 at April 12, 2005 01:42 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink