June 17, 2005

R&R

B.D. will be in a remote Italian village this weekend for some much needed recharging of the proverbial batteries. Little to no blogging, therefore, as I'm sure you can understand. Next week I am mostly in Geneva six hours ahead of East Coast--so new content should typically come on line around 4 PM EST. See you Sunday or Monday night my time. And have a great weekend.

P.S. I finally got around to adding perma-links to comments so that I can link directly to ones worth checking out in the future. So, whether on Iran policy or whatever else, comment away! Cheers.

P.P.S. Geneva has been rather hectic. I'll try my best to find time to post tomorrow (Tues) night.

Posted by Gregory at June 17, 2005 03:58 PM | TrackBack (12)
Comments

ah ha how remote? if it is not too much remote i could come visit you and discuss european union perspectives in light of the results of the bruxelles meeting of prime ministers held today, nice idea, isn't it? or i could brief you in detail on the italian current political situation, but then i'm afraid the whole weekend wouldn't be enough.

have fun BD, enjoy italy!

Posted by: zuavo at June 17, 2005 06:07 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

I finally got around to adding perma-links to comments

w00t!

Well, I personally prefer a permalink to the individual archive page instead of the pop-up window, but the anchor is there now, so I can get that from the page source.

(yeah yeah, free ice cream and asking for toppings, I know, so thanks a BUNCH for implementing this, and I'll shut up now)

Posted by: fling93 at June 17, 2005 09:33 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

I just proposed to Greg to get rid of the comments pop-up all together and just link to the comments on the individual archive page. Let's see...

Posted by: Tom Eberle at June 20, 2005 09:26 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Tom Eberle: Here's the free topping for your ice cream. I changed the permalink to point to the comment on the individual archive page. Enjoy!

Ooooh! You rule! Thanks!

Mmmm, ice cream!!

Posted by: fling93 at June 20, 2005 08:07 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

zauvo: wow. happy i dodged that bullet! and thomas, thanks much for the on the ball blog upkeep. best,gd

Posted by: greg at June 20, 2005 08:29 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Hello everyone. To cut down on spam generated by evil bots I'm trying out the SCode plug-in. It generates an image with a code number, which you have to type into the text field and submit the comment. Lets see how it works.

Posted by: Tom Eberle at June 21, 2005 12:49 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

OK, it works - only the code error/missing page doesn't display the code image. I'll work on it...

Posted by: tom Eberle at June 21, 2005 12:51 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Everyone - Please let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

Posted by: Tom Eberle at June 21, 2005 12:56 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Testing . . . . it works

Posted by: Testing at June 21, 2005 06:14 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Natalie Portman!!

Guess it works. Looks like you don't need it for the preview button, just the post button.

Posted by: fling93 at June 22, 2005 07:34 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink