September 13, 2005

Comments

Are a lot of people getting the below message (italicized) when they try to comment? If so, let me know what's going on in comments and, if they are just not working at all, send a note to me at belgraviadispatch@hotmail.com. I'll then shoot an E-mail to my software guy to have him fix. Thanks!

Your comment submission failed for the following reasons:

In an effort to curb malicious comment posting by abusive users, I've enabled a feature that requires a weblog commenter to wait a short amount of time before being able to post again. Please try to post your comment again in a short while. Thanks for your patience.

Please correct the error in the form below, then press Post to post your comment.

Meantime, Eric is chomping at the bit to respond to some comments in the Blanco thread below...go here for what he'd put in comments if my software wasn't letting him down...

Posted by Gregory at September 13, 2005 04:52 AM | TrackBack (2)
Comments

test. is it working for others?

Posted by: greg at September 13, 2005 05:07 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Seems to be working fine for me.

Posted by: fling93 at September 13, 2005 05:17 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Hmm, got this error the first time (and that's not the first time I've seen this):

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@belgraviadispatch.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Posted by: fling93 at September 13, 2005 05:18 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

BTW, it gave that error with my "Seems to be working fine for me" comment, but that comment showed up okay anyway (which is probably the main reason you see a lot of double-posts).

Posted by: fling93 at September 13, 2005 05:22 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

I've gotten the error Greg posts on today once, fling's error multiple times. Usually in the latter case what I've written posts; the first couple of times it happened I assumed it hadn't, and multiple posts showed up. This is the most likely cause of frequent multiple posts other people have had on the Belgravia site.

Posted by: JEB at September 13, 2005 05:24 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Greg,
Are you sure your trackbacks are working too? I've tried sending a couple recently, but no luck.
Great hurricane coverage, BTW.

Posted by: Clive Davis at September 13, 2005 09:24 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

I get the same error JEB is talking about. After double posting a few times, I simply see if my post cleared before posting it again.
(It almostb always posts.)

Posted by: Appalled Moderate at September 13, 2005 01:55 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

ok let's see what the software guy can pull off. thanks for the feedback.

Posted by: greg at September 13, 2005 11:29 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

"Champing," rather than "chomping" at the bit is, well, a bit more correct.

Posted by: Tom T. at September 14, 2005 03:43 AM | Permalink to this comment Permalink

Greg, in case you read this - I've had that message happen on a number of blogs, when using the 'preview' feature. The blog software seems to count that as one posting attempt, and blocks the actual 'post' attempt. I've always been able to get around that by waiting a minute, and then hitting 'post'.

Posted by: Barry at September 15, 2005 08:18 PM | Permalink to this comment Permalink